Thursday, June 14, 2007

not sleepy

La la la...

I should be sleeping right now, but my sleep schedule has been all thrown off lately. I blame it on the suffocating heat. It's so hot in the afternoon that I end up taking a rather longish nap after lunch. Which makes me not tired at night, which makes me stay up late, which forces me to take a nap the next day, thus perpetuating this late night cycle.

But I'm spending my time well, at least I'm trying to. A little too lazy to work on my chapter, but still alert enough to read some criticism (I'm finding history and theory amazingly intelligible in the early hours of the morning vs. the hazy, yawn-filled blur of midday). Also doing some quality writing, like on this blog. :)

Some recent thoughts:
-I really wanted to watch Ratatouille, the new Pixar film, but after our rat incident, I'm not sure if I can endure several hours of anthropomorphized rodents onscreen, even if it's set in Paris. *sigh*

-Did you know they are doing a vote for the new 7 wonders of the world? Go here to cast your vote. Contenders include the Great Wall of China, the Taj Mahal, Peru's Macchu Pichu, the Colosseum, the Acropolis, and other famous monuments.

-I've been really into risotto lately. I used to not like it (because I ate a bad one before) but now I'm obsessed with collecting good risotto recipes so that I can try to make it myself. If you have a good one, please send it my way!

-One more day before my family arrives, and also my L.A. (plus one Boston) friends! Can't WAIT to see them! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home