Monday, January 28, 2008

anniversary

Here is how we spent our anniversary on Thursday... a trip to SF! We first went to the Ferry Building, where we stopped by Miette's to satisfy my months-long obsession with macarons (Parisian dome-shaped cookie sandwiches that are "little pieces of heaven"):

Here are the jars and jars of delicious macarons. I tried almost every flavor, and my favorite so far are grapefruit, rose-geranium, and pistachio. I also really liked their lavender shortbread cookies.

Afterwards, we had lunch at Piperade, a Spanish/Basque restaurant nearby recommended by my foodie classmate. Byron got a seafood stew while I enjoyed some yummy lamb chops. Both were excellent--fresh, flavorful, and tender.


Since it was a rainy, dreary, COLD day, we decided to head to the Legion of Honor to escape from the wet. What else to do in SF anyway, right? We checked out the latest exhibit, "Marie Antoinette and the Petit Trianon," which showcased furniture and other decorative objects from Versailles. It was an okay exhibit; I liked it, but I think Byron was pretty bored. :)

And that was how we celebrated our 4-year anniversary!

2 Comments:

Blogger sujenone said...

Oh right. We were thinking about going to that as well. You can get coupons at BofA.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats!! :) Awesome eating fest...

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home