Tuesday, January 23, 2007

reunion

We got home from our Vegas class reunion yesterday. It was a blast. We stayed at the beautiful Montelago Village Resort near Lake Las Vegas, about 17 miles away from the Strip.

Our two-bedroom suite included a huge tub, so on the first night (Friday), Byron took a bath...
...while the rest of us decided to explore the rest of resort. Near the Ritz-Carlton Hotel, there was a beautiful garden:
Joy, Mike, and Dan checking out the fireplace

Next day, during lunch with almost everyone:
Byron, Karen, Andy J, me

Bryan, Kim, Eddie, Brandon, Grace, Joy, Mike

Jen, Andy Y, Jacob, Matt, baby Joshua

We did lots of loitering during the trip, which was not a surprise, given the size of our group: 19
Saturday after lunch, we split into four groups and did a scavenger hunt on the Strip. Here are a few pictures from our team:
"posing with a celebrity (not Elvis or Star Trek)"

"doing the can-can while holding hands"

"grandest fountain"

"most ethnically-diverse group" (this one cracks me up)

posing with masks at the end

Afterwards, we all met up at the Wynn Hotel buffet for dinner, which had the best lamb chops and prime rib ever! (I devoured both so quickly that I don't even have pictures):
On Saturday and Sunday nights, we stayed at the Wynn, thanks to generous Grace and Bran, who had a room there for free and let us crash with them. It's a lovely hotel.
It was a packed and fun-filled weekend. Unfortunately, Byron caught a bad cold Sunday morning and spend most of the afternoon and night sleeping. I, meanwhile, did what I always do whenever I visit Vegas: go on a long afternoon excursion to Sephora with Grace. At night, I stayed at home with poor Byron while everyone else went out to eat and play. I bought a salad and fruit tart from a Wynn cafe for dinner...
...and ended up having food poisoning! (The salad and fruit tart were still delicious.) Had a pretty miserable Sunday night and am still feeling a little funny today. *sigh*

All in all, it was really nice seeing and spending time with old friends. I'm looking forward to our next trip, which hopefully will be sooner than another ten years.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

glad you had fun! missed you and Byron on Sunday night but i hope u two feel a lot better from your cold. hopefully we can do another group trip in the near future!

11:57 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

I laughed at the ethnically diverse picture too.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home