anniversary part 2
Since we weren't able to celebrate our anniversary a few weeks ago, we decided to make it up yesterday by spending a day in SF. We first had lunch at a really yummy (and affordable!) "contemporary Vietnamese" restaurant near Golden Gate Park, called Dragonfly:

interior of the restaurant
(you can't see them clearly, but our sugarcane shrimp is on the table)
Vietnamese crepe
lemongrass beef
Unfortunately, we couldn't take any pictures in the exhibit, so the following pictures are from the Legion's permanent collection:


Afterwards, we checked out Tartine Bakery in the Mission, because we had heard so much about their desserts and pastries. The line was out the door, and because we were already pretty full, I only managed to buy two desserts, but they were sure worth the wait! Now I am so craving more of their meringue cookies, and wishing I had bought more! At night, we went to celebrate Chinese New Year's Eve at Kittoe. We played some games (thanks to Summer), laughed, and just enjoyed ourselves.
After lunch, we headed to the Legion of Honor and checked out the latest exhibit: Masterpieces of French Jewelry. It featured jewelry from many famous designers (including Cartier and Lalique), and spanned 1900 until the present day. We even saw pieces that Madonna and Elizabeth Taylor wore. It was really neat seeing how the styles changed from period to period. I think I liked the styles from the Belle Epoque and Modern periods the best.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home