Wednesday, December 31, 2008

holidays

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

This year we stayed up north for the holidays, since it was Byron's parents' turn to come up north and I had to stay in town to prepare for my interview in SF right after Christmas. We spent Christmas Eve through Saturday night at his sister's house in Castro Valley, where we watched lots of basketball...

(Suns-Spurs game above)

had a big Christmas bash filled with presents at his uncle's home...



ate a lot of yummy food...
(famous yams from Byron's cousins)



enjoyed a surprise baby shower from his family and relatives on Saturday...







(playing baby shower games)

and played my favorite new game--Bohnanza!


On Sunday after church, we drove up to SF to spend the night getting ready for my interview the next morning. Here is a picture of me in my suit with a maternity top. (I was really thankful that I could still squeeze into my suit pants with the bella band.)

The interview went okay--not as well as I had hoped, so I can only trust in God's power to move me further along in the job market process. I was really sad and disappointed at first, since I prepared so hard for it, but I learned an important spiritual lesson through my disappointment, which I will share another time. All I can say is, if I do indeed make it to the second round of interviews, it will be clearly because God moved.

And that has been our past week! We have been sleeping and recovering at home the past few days. I can't believe 2009 is upon us already...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home